Sunday, December 04, 2005

The arrival of MacKenzie June Alini



After many months of anticipation, MacKenzie June Alini made her grand entrance via cesarean section on Nov 22, 2005.

She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3oz and wrapped her mom and dad around her little fingers as soon as she arrived.

Her first 12 days have been pretty busy. Grandma Paterson came to visit in order to help Angela prepare for Mac's arrival and recover from delivery. Both Grandmothers (Paterson and Alini) saw Mac that very first night. As Angela had to stay in the hospital for a few days, Grandma Alini brought the American Thanksgiving feast to Angela and MacKenzie.

Angela left the hospital on Friday, and MacKenzie had her first check up with her pediatrian on Monday, November 28th. MacKenzie has already gained back her birth weight and is doing well. She likes to stay up at night and sleep during the day, so Angela and Evan are wondering when she will figure out that night is for sleeping;)

Evan is much better at the bathing (or more specifically sponge bathing) and dirty diaper changing...but Angela is the queen of feeding (for very obvious biological reasons;). So far MacKenzie seems to be putting up with her parents inexperience!

Mac, Ev, Ang and Grammie Paterson went to see the X-Mas light display at Lake Lanier on Nov 29th. Mac slept through the entire thing, but Grammie Paterson was pretty impressed with the lights:)

Grammie Paterson flew back to Saint John, NB on Dec 3rd...so the two parents are now flying solo. Mac will post an update later to let everyone know how they are doing!!!











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

MacKenzie, you are truly beautiful.
Your parents are pretty darn terrific, also. They seem to have everything under control. We love you all, much.
Grampa Johna, Nona Tania

Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Evan...She is absolutely gorgeous ! I know you're enjoying her, and it only gets better !!!!!

Love to all three of you,

Kelly and Mike (Green)

Anonymous said...

Angela/Evan: I can never tire of looking at MacKenzie's pictures. I signed on this morning hoping there might be some new ones. I have sent the URL to Sam and Tina suggesting they do the same for little Neva. Sam, being a website guru by profession, I am sure will get to it as soon as they get a chance. I know you are really busy but please update with recent pictures and more news of how you all are doing. It is so much fun to be able to sign on any time we want and drool.... Love you.. Tania

Anonymous said...

I love my new little granddaughter so very much..of course, her parents are terrific too. She's even cuter (if that's possible) in person. Glad I was able to share christmas day with you all. You are GREAT parents and you have the most precious gift of all - MacKenzie..
with love,
grandma nini

Anonymous said...

you guys are doing great.Get sleep when you can. We were right there when Maddie was a baby, so good luck. you have to find what works for you both.
MacKenzie is just so precious! I am so glad we are close so the cousins can see eachother often. This site is wonderful. Keep posting...

Anonymous said...

I do love viewing this blog. I wish I had had one for Evan and Dana growing up.
MacKenzie IS one special child. May all her life events be "picture perfect".

Love always, Papa Johna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog updates. May MacKenzie's life be like the blog. It only gets better.
Having you three in Florida is wonderful.

Love always,

Papa Johna

Anonymous said...

Evan and Angela,
Just looked at the new pics on the blog. They are great. MacKenzie looks great in all the pics and places. She and you two are the world travellers.
I loved the Scotland pics and, of course, the Florida pics, especially.
Enjoy Paris together.

Dad/John/Papa Johna